Advanced Diploma in Art Therapy and Community Art, projects for social transformation
The Advanced Diploma in Art Therapy and Community Art, projects for social transformation is a postgraduate level course, prior to the Master’s Degree, in completing the Art Therapy training. The Postgraduate in Art Therapy can be taken as a complementary training to other care or artistic professions, as a form of personal development or, in the case of continuing in the Master in Art Therapy, as part of the complete training to become an art therapist. The Advanced Diploma can also be taken as an independent course itself.
In any of the three cases, it consists of an approach to the visual arts as a way of self-knowledge while acquiring the experiential and theoretical foundations necessary to study the following two years of the Master.
This year we offer the Postgraduate in Art Therapy in 2 formats:
- Blended format: online block and on-site block
- 100% online format
The academic content, calendar, schedule and price are exactly identical in both formats. The course hours correspond to the CET time zone and are designed to facilitate access for American students.
What will you learn?
- To use your own art making process as a tool for self exploration
- To explore the expressive possibilities of different art media
- The theoretical and experiential basis of relational art psychotherapy
- The differences of distinct art therapy approaches
- To set up a community art project
- The foundations of: Psychopathology, Development Psychology, Mentalisation, Relational Psychoanalysis